Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Carob Chip Dog Treats

Since I make most of Franks treats in house. He has started to think when ever I am making cookies they are for him. So today I had to make him some thing or I think he would have eaten me. He layed in the kitchen the whole time I baked waiting for something. He was very happy when he finally got something.

This is a new recipe and he really likes them. I will make them smaller next time and I also smushed them down b/c they stayed in this huge ball. I had to use my hands to make the balls b/c I had to get it all stuck together.

IMG_4203

IMG_4205

IMG_4206

IMG_4213

He really likes it!! And my baking day is now DONE!!

Carob Chip Dog Treats

  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal (old fashioned or quick—either will work)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened carob chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)

1. Combine dry ingredients (except carob chips) and set them aside.
2. Combine shortening, egg, and vanilla and mix with a mixer.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to the liquids.
4. Stir in the carob chips and peanuts
5. Drop by teaspoon or tablespoon onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. If you want the dog cookies to be more dry and crisp, you can leave them in the oven overnight (after you turn it off). This step is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment